An issue with your gas appliance can be a cause for panic. As a result, it’s easy to forget that illegal gas fitters can cause huge problems. From costing extra cash, to risking your life with ill-fitted appliances, an illegal gas fitter is bad news. So, how can you make sure your gas fitter is qualified? Here at Paul Robinson Heating and Plumbing services, we are gas experts. This is our guide to help you avoid those illegal gas fitters.
What is the Gas Safe Register?
Recording all professional and qualified gas engineers, the Gas Safe Register ensures quality and legality. The register stores information regarding the type of work each gas engineer is legally allowed to undertake. Consequently, this gas safe register prevents people from being ripped off by illegal tradesmen.
Furthermore, the Gas Safe Register team have analysed research to produce an illegal gas fitter profile. This looks at a range of details including:
- Company size. People working illegally often work for small companies or operate as sole traders.
- Work undertaken. If your gas engineer is also offering building or electrical services, be concerned. Many illegal gas fitters also offer a range of services.
- Advertising online or on social media, illegal gas fitters avoid the yellow pages. It is likely they won’t have a company website.
Follow these steps to make sure that your gas engineer is legally qualified:
- Make sure your gas engineer is registered with the Gas Safe Register. This will ensure that they are qualified professionals.
- Take a look at both sides of their Gas Safe Register ID card.
- The back of the ID card details the appliances the engineer is legally qualified to work with.
Illegal gas fitters are a huge industry problem. They are also incredibly unsafe. Make sure you don’t get ripped off, choose a company you can trust. Here at Paul Robinson Heating and Plumbing services we can guarantee you professional, quality service. For all of your gas needs, contact us today.